August 18, 2007It will start for about 2sec. then die. I am in fear of the ole passlock acting up, but I am a little hopeful that someone has also dealt with this and got it fixed. She is a 98 2.2l, 5spd, Ext.cab, 110k
I tried spraying carb. cleaner in the TB. and it will spit and sputter a few seconds longer then die, that is the only reason I am not 100% convinced it is the passlock, I am to believe that the passlock will disable the ignition not allowing spark, so technically it shouldn't run even if I force feed her some fuel right?
This is a list of things tried or replaced.
1. Passlock Reset (10min & 30min) nothing happens.
2. Disconnected Engine Disable on Alarm (aftermarket DEI just alarm/engine disable, no remote start)
3. Checked Fuses
4. Used Fuel Pump, same psi as my original.
5. Fuel Filter
6. Crank Position Sensor
7. Oil Pressure Sensor
8. Idle Air Control Valve
9. Tested Power to Fuel Pump 11.8volts
10. Fuel Pressure 37psi? (With a homemade piece together psi gauge)
11.4month old Optima red top battery
12. It does have fresh gas in the tank
13. Plugs wires less than 6mos. old
Any help would be much appreciated, before I take it to the stealership.